So we all know I am semi-celebrity obsessed. I just can’t help my fascination with the rich and famous. NYC surely has been an ideal location to spot celebs. From the casual run-ins to the premeditated visits, these are my stand out meet and greets.
Five Best Celeb Spotting Moments
1. Joe Jonas – I will be the first to admit I love the younger, boy band type guys so when I ran into Joe Jonas at the “Camp Rock 2” premiere party, I was completely sure it was fate. It was my second day of living in NYC and my parents were still in town. They took Courtney and I out to dinner at PJ Clarke’s inside The Empire Hotel. We saw a bunch of preteen girls waiting outside so naturally, I joined them. After being the only girls in the group of legal drinking age, we made our way to the hotel rooftop and spent the evening sipping $14 cocktails just so I could get a quick glimpse of my favorite JoBro.
2. The Cast of Gossip Girl – I first met the infamous Serena, Chuck, and Blair during an early morning visit to the Gossip Girl set at Columbia University. Since it was only 8am, not a single other fan had shown up on set yet. We were happily greeted by Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Ed Westwick, and Amanda Setton who plays Penelope. A few months ago, I had my second run-in with Leighton and Ed. They film quite often at The Empire Hotel near my apartment. I was out grabbing coffee and literally bumped into Ed Westwick! A minute later, the gorgeous Leighton Meester appeared and my entire day was made.
3. Hilary Duff – Ever since the Lizzie McGuire days, I have absolutely loved Hilary Duff. She released her first book in the fall of 2010 and I had to stop by her book signing considering it was only a few blocks from my apartment. I met her for a second time last spring in Madison Square Park when she was doing a SoBe promotional event. I was lucky enough to get a quick snapshot and was even featured in one of the event photos on her personal blog.
4. The Cast of Pretty Little Liars – Although PLL has only been on-air for two years, I have become a quick and loyal fan. When I heard the girls were going to be appearing on Good Morning America on the infamous “A Day” (only the true fans will understand my show lingo), I jumped at the chance to wake up at 5am and meet them. I strolled on over to Times Square at the crack of dawn to meet Lucy Hale (Aria), Shay Mitchell (Emily), and Troian Bellisario (Spencer). I was lucky enough to meet all the girls, who were incredibly sweet. I even made a quick appearance on TV during the live interview!
5. Rachel Zoe – This was my most recent celeb sighting. I was in a Soho salon getting my hair done when I looked out the window to see paparazzi chasing down some celebrity. Of course, from all the way across the street, I could tell it was Rachel Zoe with her husband Rodger and baby Skyler. Even though my hair was dripping wet, I jumped out of the chair and ran down the street for a better view. Rachel was incredibly nice and was out for an afternoon stroll with her family. I must say, she is even more beautiful and fashionable in person!
Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Summer Olympic Season. There is just something so magical about The Olympics- all of the countries coming together to participate in one big event. The Opening Ceremonies were unbelievable and I’m looking forward to the rest of the Games!